Science, Technology and Society.
Multi-departmental interdisciplinary program. Zacatenco, Mexico City.
Objective: To train researchers and teachers in a high-level trans-disciplinary approach the application of science and technology to solve the problems facing modern societies.
Students may apply for admission as certified professionals in any university in the areas of natural sciences, social sciences, engineering or humanities, who have attained a minimum 8.0 grade average in the final master's or bachelor's degree courses.
DCTS doctoral graduates will be inserted into the following types of professional activity:
1. researchers and teachers in institutions of higher education;
2. academic and administrative staff in public and private sectors;
3. advisors and consultants to the industry forefront of technology.
The curriculum includes three phases:
1. conceptual foundations that are focused on construction of basic resources, including language and the characterization of forms of thought associated with the sciences, biomedical engineering, technology and social sciences;
2. four thematic units on science and technology over time, development of science and technology in Mexico, and themes of innovation, technology and society;
3. a module of elective courses related to the direct work of each student in a research project approved by the Academic College of the program.
Efraín Aceves Piña, Juan José Alvarado Gil, Jaime Álvarez Gallegos, José Antonio Azamar Barrios, Rafael Baquero Parra, Carlos Beyer Flores, Mario Casanueva López, Rosa Olivia Cañizares, Marcelino Cereijido, Mattioli, José Antonio Chamizo Guerrero, Michelle Chauvet, Laura Cházaro García, Eduard de la Cruz Burelo, David Elías Viñas, Eugenio Frixione Garduño, Manuel Gil Antón, Claudia González Brambila, Gerardo Hernández García, Gerardo Herrera Corral, Alfredo Herrera Estrella, Carlos Hoyo Vadillo, Rodrigo Huerta Quintanilla, Mina Kleiche Dray, Walid Kuri Harcuch, Ismael Ledesma Mateos, José Luis Leyva Montiel, Ricardo López Fernández, Rafel Loyola Díaz, Luis Alfonso Maldonado López, Yasuhiro Matsumoto Kuwabara, Arturo Minor Martínez, Luis Manuel Montaño Zetina, José Arturo Morales Acevedo, Luis Moreno Armella, Fernando Navarro Espinoza, Víctor Olalde Portugal, Octavio Paredes López, José Antonio de la Peña, Miguel Ángel Pérez-Angón, Cristina Puga Espinosa, Enrique Ramírez de Arellano Álvarez, Eduardo Robles Belmont, Manuel Santos Trigo, Ernesto Suaste Gómez, Jorge Tiburcio Báez.
Lines Innovative Generation and Application of Knowledge
- Development and future of science and technology (DPCT)
- Integration of Science, Technology and Society (ICTS)
- Innovation for health and rural industry (ISIC)
Start of Program:
The process starts from June EXANIIII CENEVAL submitting. Applications are accepted in July.
Phone: Tel. +52(55)+57473800 Ext. 6780